Pages

4/24/12

¿cómo hablas el español?

I am currently enrolled in a Spanish linguistics course, & my final project for the class involves investigating the melodic curves & phonetics of 5 phrases, all spoken by native speakers from different Spanish-speaking locations.

The questions:
  1. ¿Salieron los tres?
  2. Tomamos tapas con cerveza.
  3. ¿A qué hora sale el tren?
  4. ¿Cómo es que no quieres venir?
  5. Quiero chocolate caliente, pan con mantequilla y jalea.
 Here is a video (filmed & edited by my friend Katie, thanks!!) that will serve as part of my research:


I find it so interesting that one language can be spoken so differently, and that geographic, political & social influences have all affected certain accents. Maybe one day I'll be able to travel to all these places represented in the video & be able to hear them for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment